The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
Job Summary: Participates in the teaching mission of the SON; specific activities and responsibilities are based on rank. Faculty members in the clinical series are also expected to participate in service to the school, including student advising. Expertise in Psych-Mental Health Nursing, Pediatric-Obstetrical Nursing, Population/Public Health Nursing desired.
1. Clinical Activities (not related to teaching or research): Plans and supervises student lab and/or clinical experiences or practica based on teaching assignment.
2. Scholarly Activities (research/writing, abstracts, grant supported work, presentations, etc.): Participates in scholarly activities based on faculty rank.
3. Education Activities (include types of teaching and types of student taught): Provides effective didactic instruction based on teaching assignment using appropriate instructional technologies to ensure that course outcomes are met. Participates collaboratively in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum. Mentors and advises students.
4. Service Activities: These activities could include faculty meetings, committee membership, professional activities and other responsibilities as assigned by the Program or Academic Director. Participates in faculty governance; additional engagement based on rank.
5. Administrative Activities: As negotiated.
6. Other Activities: The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
Masters degree in nursing required.
Oregon RN license and current CPR card required.
Three years of clinical practice experience required.
Doctorate in Nursing preferred.
Teaching experience at the baccalaureate level or higher preferred.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
As the state's only health and research university, OHSU brings together patient care, research, education of the next generation of health care providers and scientists and community service to improve the health and well-being of all Oregonians.The university is a conduit for learning for more than 2,800 students, providing training to interns, residents and fellows in postgraduate medical and research. It is the only place in Oregon that grants doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry and nursing. OHSU cares for more than 251,000 patients each year from around the region and takes a leadership role in contributing to solutions involving the health of the state and the nation, such as health care access and transparency, ethics and workforce shortage. Beyond providing critical health care services, quality education and cutting-edge research, OHSU also is a key economic and social force in the Northwest. With an annual operating budget of $2.06 billion and more than 14,000 employees, OHSU is Portland?s largest employer. Its size contributes to its ability to provide... many services and community support activities not found anywhere else in Oregon. For more information visit http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/index.cfm