This managerial position within Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) oversees the finance, accounting, cash handling, and customer service functions of the department. The Finance Manager manages the finances of the department by accounting for all revenues and expenditures, monitoring and projecting revenue streams, maintaining the integrity of cash and goods handling policies and procedures, analyzing financial trends, and preparing budgets. Additionally, this position oversees the majority of staff tasked with customer service.
TAPS has a staff of 15 full-time employees and approximately 60 student employees. This position reports to the Director of TAPS and supervises 3 full-time employees, 2 part-time employees, and indirectly supervises 20-25 student employees.
- At least three years of experience in accounting and/or finance management.
- At least three years of experience performing administrative coordination or project management for a senior manager.
- At least 2 years of experience supervising part or full time employees, including student employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, supervisory and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively interact with people of different cultures and backgrounds and individuals who are hostile or angry.
- At least two years of experience, in the last five years, using the Microsoft Office Suite on a near daily basis and with proficiency in both MS Office and Google Drive software.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check.
- Two years experience working at an institution of higher education.
- Proficiency in the use of Ellucian Banner database software.
- Familiarity with parking management practices, database software systems, and core principles of transportation demand management.
Internal Number: 31309
About Portland State University
Located in Portland, Oregon, one of the nation's most livable cities, the University's innovative approach to education combines academic rigor in the classroom with field-based experiences through internships and classroom projects with community partners. The University's 49-acre downtown campus exhibits Portland State's commitment to sustainability with green buildings, while many of the 124 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees incorporate sustainability into the curriculum. PSU's motto, "Let Knowledge Serve the City," inspires the teaching and research of an accomplished faculty whose work and students span the globe. PSU seeks talented individuals who understand our values and strategic goals and enjoy sharing ideas and collaborating in an environment of mutual respect to achieve those values and goals. We are committed to leading through engagement and seek individuals who support this strategy. Engagement describes Portland State's collaborative approach to the exchange of knowledge and resources with local, regional, national, and global partners for mutual benefit of students, faculty, and the community. As a component of the Diversity Action Plan and the President's... Strategic Mission of achieving global excellence, Portland State University strives to become an institution that is recognized nationally and internationally for the accomplishments of its faculty, the reputation of its programs, and the preparation of it students as world citizens. For more information visit http://www.pdx.edu/about-portland-state